dinky-northeast

Subtitle

Guests' Forum

Forum Home > Click here for Topics > Dinky Replacement Paint

Ray
Limited Member

Hi Everyone,

I have a great deal of trouble with paint from Model ********. The finish and colour match are great but it will not come out of the spray can. I have just ordered some more and asked for spare nozzles. I follow all the rules regarding temperature, turning the can upside down when finishing, soaking the nozzles in the correct solvant. I have just finished a code 3 and in desperation use craft and hobby enamel - no problem but it is a little to thick, OK for the job I was doing. Dinky Dublin suggests using Tamiya which I shall try. Do others in the group have this problem? Can any one recommend other brands.

December 1, 2009 at 9:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dinky Dublin
Limited Member

There is currently no one else supplying paint, I am reliably informed that some of the car paint shops can colour match Dinky paint, and that is something you could try, it is extremely frustrating using him that shall remain nameless!! firstly how long it takes to get your order delivered and then to have troubles with the paint.

--

Niall

December 4, 2009 at 5:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

PAUL WOODLEY
Limited Member

Hi were can i get the RIGHT colour green for my Dinky army trucks

March 14, 2011 at 3:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ronson
Limited Member

Hi we a couple of car paint shops here in Perth that computer match paint off an original sample,it mite be the best way to go although I dont know what size the spray cans come in.They are usually very very close to original ,I havnt got them to match Dinky but if they can match a car thats been faded in the sun these places would have to go close.

--

January 5, 2012 at 6:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

BRUCE ALLSOPP
Limited Member

STEVE FLOWERS MODEL SUPPLIES - LIECESTER --  SUPPLY COMPUTER MATCHED PAINTS FOR DINKY TOYS -- GO TO THEIR WEBSITE ITS VERY INTERESTING AND COMPREHENSIVE -- BRUCE.

--
January 13, 2012 at 7:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.